Main Forum
Page
of 3

Dewknight has left the planet

22 replies
Votes:
+5
VIP+
Dewknight, aka Russell Petrick, the founder of Dewcraft died early Thanksgiving morning, November 27 2014 after a 2 year battle with cancer. He died in his sleep. The last time he was conscious he was lucid and joking with his friends.

Me and my brother Microweasel were both at his home with his parents when they came to take his corpse. According to Micro, Dew looked like a zombie in his bed.

He was my best friend, an awesome dude with killer ideas, and a person who got crap done. I don't know if any of you ever met him, but I know a lot of you got to know him over the years. For anyone interested, I've put together an Imgur album with all the pictures I have of him. I'll update it as I get new pictures.

He never made it to space, but he had seen and done enough awesome stuff that he was content with his life. He loved the Lord and continued to give his time to his church even when the chemo sapped most of his energy.

It's never too soon for dark jokes, he'd like it that way.
Posted Dec 1, 14 · OP
Votes:
+18
VIP+
Player
That's really sad to hear. I had no idea he was battling cancer. I'm kind of at a loss for words right now. Is there anything we can do such as send cards or flowers or something?

For now I guess I'll just post this, as it's one of the first things to pop into my head:
yUa7HnF.jpg

How to Enter the Kingdom's Super Secret Farm
Posted Dec 3, 14
t2wave a
Votes:
+59
Admins
Admin
Dark humor?

13.jpg
Posted Dec 4, 14
Votes:
+2
VIP+
Player
I would like to attend and record the event. Also, I'm not sure if you guys know this, but I hold "The Tyrians Memorial Festival" every third weekend of March to commemorate and celebrate those who have passed away and have left a deep impact on our lives. I hope to do another one this upcoming March and I would be honored to place Russell Petrick's name in the memorial hall along with everyone elses. For those willing I will also record the tribute building and I could use a few more cameras too. Let's make Dew's memory live on.
fd6a1951245ed2bf.png
Posted Dec 4, 14
Votes:
+9
Player+
Player
Farewell Dewknight, sorry to hear you've left us. :(

Hello to the rest of you! Dew brought us together, some (most?) of us have moved on to other things, but I'll never forget my time on Dewcraft.
hitman82gaming on YouTube
Posted Dec 4, 14
Votes:
+2
Player+
Player
I'm actually tearing up. It's been so long since I've talked to any of you or even played pc games. But I remember some beautiful moments so vividly. Getting this email sparked a moment of joy and happiness until further opening. I'm so sorry to hear about Dew. He was such a great person from what I remember. Always helping out and being here for others. Such patience as well. It's nice to see long forgotten names but it's too bad that it's under these circumstances.
Posted Dec 4, 14
Votes:
+65
Admins
Admin
Player
Very sad to hear, but I'm rejoicing in the fact that he's now out of pain and in the presence of the Lord. I've played many multiplayer games over the years, but Minecraft is one of the most fun and I chalk that up to the community that was established on the Dewcraft server. Russell was a good man and truly cared about the community of players that called Dewcraft home. He will be missed.

Farewell, my friend.

Rusty
Posted Dec 4, 14
Votes:
Player
I'm very sad to hear that Dew has left us :'( i remember the last time i talked to him... In 2012 I beleive, on the old server. He was a great guy, even if i didn't know him much I felt he had good intentions. I will be joining the server again to do the BUTS (blow up the server). I will record the moment and make a montage of everything we will do that day as for my thank you to him. (Can someone send me the dates of when everything is happening?
Posted Dec 4, 14
t2wave a
Votes:
+59
Admins
Admin
wrote:
I'm very sad to hear that Dew has left us :'( i remember the last time i talked to him... In 2012 I beleive, on the old server. He was a great guy, even if i didn't know him much I felt he had good intentions. I will be joining the server again to do the BUTS (blow up the server). I will record the moment and make a montage of everything we will do that day as for my thank you to him. (Can someone send me the dates of when everything is happening?
The home page has the information you need my friend.
Posted Dec 4, 14
Votes:
+41
VIP+
Alex saw the message last night and woke me to tell me. I really admire him. If it weren't for him, and Dewcraft, I would never have found a true server that felt like home. In my time as a moderator on the server I learned a ton about managing a community and a server. He really cared about us, and about this server. I owe the hundreds upon hundreds of hours of fun I've had in Minecraft to him.

I also talked with him on mumble a few times, and picked his brain on server hosting, and he was the reason I finally broke down and switched my company over to a VPS. If he hadn't instilled the confidence in me, I don't think that TBolt would have grown as quickly as it has either.

Dew was a really, really great guy, and he made me feel special. Not too many people on earth really make you feel good about yourself, or are as selfless. I really miss him.

I will see you guys Saturday. Let's "Build cool stuff."
CxQt8.png
Trekkiesunite118 wrote:
In short, if you want to play Build with Mobs, go play on that other server we all know exists. Otherwise have fun on Dewcraft.
Posted Dec 4, 14
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices